Tuesday, May 29, 2007

i want to see this movie

you know the one-- melancholy, in a vacant way... with these songs on the soundtrack:

"blind, deaf, & dumb" by daniel knox

"andalucia" by john cale

"the missing boy" by durutti column

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Christina said...

what movie? a movie with these songs as the sound track? oh i get it.

chris hefner said...

Hello, this is a little strange, and I know you posted this bit more than two years ago, but it would seem from all appearances that I happen to be making the movie you mentioned wanting to see.
For the following reasons:
~ This photo you've posted could easily be a still from my raw footage (having been shot on super 8 in an old hotel)
~ Daniel Knox will be featured prominently on the soundtrack, as he is one of my best friends. In fact, I'm the musical saw & melodica player in his band.
I'm sorry, I don't make a habit of contacting strangers and shamelessly self-promoting, but I thought I should in this case as you seemed to have made a request that I'm unwillingly fulfilling in some odd way. At any rate, apologies for the stranger in the room, but if you'd like to learn more please visit my production blog at cmhefner.wordpress.com and/or look up "The Pink Hotel" on facebook.
Again, apologies for the unsolicited response. I just stumbled across your post when google searching pictures of Daniel for our upcoming show on Monday at the Hungry Brain and thought it looked uncannily familiar.
Oddly yours,
- Chris Hefner

jennifer said...

hi chris,

thanks for the info! i stopped posting to this blog a few months ago, after only sporadically updating it for the previous year or more...

and i certainly don't think it's odd that you stopped to leave a comment... it's the way of the internet!

i'm intrigued to learn more about your film. i'll find and add "the pink hotel" on facebook after i get a chance to check out the production blog in more detail.

btw, i looove daniel knox! he actually just sent my husband marco a little care package of some of his music just a couple weeks ago... i think they're facebook pals.

and in case you're wondering, the image is taken from an early issue of lula magazine... the one and only magazine that i fanatically collect! you can see more at lulamag.com, or just search lula magazine on facebook.

thanks for stopping by. i heart the internet. :)

best,
jennifer